What you need to know
No special accommodations are needed for individuals with TSC, unless required due to the child’s learning and/or behavioral difficulties.
- May need extra preparation about what to expect during the activity
- See additional supports in the Educational Interventions section
Individuals who have TSC are not usually limited in their activities. The only exception is for those children with a specific complication, like a heart arrhythmia.
- A medical doctor will point out if there are any restrictions.
What you can do
- Determine if the child needs emergency medication in case of seizure.
- If you live in New England (USA) and qualify, Northeast Passage offers Therapeutic Recreation and Adaptive Sports programming.