What you need to know
- A child may need to bring special foods on a trip or have at functions. Supports and preparation may be helpful in planning a trip.
- If you live in New England (USA) and qualify, Northeast Passage offers Therapeutic Recreation and Adaptive Sports programming.
What you can do
- Make sure parents are involved in planning for trips and functions.
- Ensure transportation/storage of special formula is arranged.
- Ensure volunteers are aware of dietary and processing issues.
- Arrange supervision around any new eating situations. Restrict protein.