What you need to know
- Children with CHD may be absent due to surgery, illness and/or medical appointment.
- Children with CHDs maybe tired and require rest opportunities or breaks in the day
What you can do
- Help to make transitions in and out of school as seamless as possible
- Allow extra time for assignments and/or provide make up work as needed.
- Make accommodations for resting or taking break
- Have peers share class notes
- Monitor work so that it is challenging, but there are attainable and realistic goals
- Plan for absences and consider tutoring
- Communication with parents is important to meet these challenges
- Provide rest breaks, extra water and monitor them in not conditions