What you need to know
- Exercise is important and should be encouraged, especially those exercises that build muscle mass and motor skills.
- Coordination may be a problem and make individuals a target for teasing.
- Lack of stamina and energy levels can be problem
- If you live in New England (USA) and qualify, Northeast Passage offers Therapeutic Recreation and Adaptive Sports programming.
What you can do
- Encourage exercise
- Encourage practice to help build coordination.
- Teach boys who have KS how to pace themselves and learn when to rest.