What you need to know
- Additional surgeries may cause increased absences.
- In rare cases the immune deficiency can cause an increased susceptibility to infections.
- Anxiety or depression may cause increased absences and school phobias.
- If a child has a sleep disturbance at night, he or she may need a rest break during the day.
What you can do
- Work with the student and parents to communicate about absences for medical reasons and help provide the extra help needed.
- Be alert for signs of anxiety or depression and contact the parents.