What you need to know
- There should be a plan for an emergency evacuation for children with physical limitations.
- Be aware that some children with neuromuscular disorders may have diabetes.
What you can do
- Develop an emergency plan if necessary, depending on the needs of individual children.
- For example, the child may have diabetes and need a care plan.
- Develop a plan to assist the student with an emergency exit.
- If possible plan to use an alternative exit to avoid crowding by the other students which creates a with potential for injury.
- Assign someone as a back-up to help the student if the primary staff member is out.