What you need to know
- There should be a plan for an emergency evacuation in children with physical limitations.
- Need to avoid situations where individuals may be trampled
- Child needs to be able to reach door handles.
- Someone assigned to help individuals with a back up person if that person is out.
- Seizure plan should be in place if appropriate.
- AEDs or CPR may be necessary if a child has heart involvement.
What you can do
- Develop an emergency plan if necessary, depending on the needs of individual children.
- Assign a back-up when needed.