Dear Consortium Members,
Please save the date on Friday, November 8, 2019, for the 2019 Annual Meeting of the New England Consortium of Metabolic Programs at the beautiful Tower Hill Botanical Garden. Please pass along this save the date to new members of your institutions, especially metabolic fellows who may not know about the Consortium.
The New England Consortium Conference Planning Committee is also excited to announce a call for brief report proposals for the 2019 meeting. This is an opportunity to share your experience and expertise with your colleagues. Please consider the requirements below in preparing your proposal.
- A variety of topic areas will be considered, including, but not limited to, research findings, clinical applications, patient education or advocacy, quality improvement and professional issues. Speakers are encouraged to prepare and present original and/or evidence-based material.
- All presentations must be educational in nature and not include any sales or marketing information.
- Each brief report will be limited to 15 minutes with 5 minutes for questions.
- The brief reports session will take place during the afternoon portion of the meeting.
All proposals must contain the following items:
- Background and Purpose – provide a brief descriptive paragraph outlining the nature of your proposed session. Why is this topic important for Consortium members?
- Include 1-2 learning objectives
- A statement of any conflict of interest is required for all submissions.
All proposals will be evaluated by the conference committee. Due to time constraints, a limited number of proposals will be selected for presentation at the 2019 annual meeting.
- All proposals must be received by Monday, September 9, 2019
- Applicants will be notified of the decision on their proposal by September 30, 2019
We will send additional information about the 2019 meeting in the coming months. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
Krista and the Conference Planning Committee
Krista Viau, PhD, RD, CSP
Metabolic Dietitian | Genetics and Genomics
Boston Children’s Hospital
300 Longwood Ave., Boston, MA 02115
t:617-355-6516 | f:617-730-0466