Quality Assurance: Minutes
Read about the Emergency Preparedness Symposium convened by Dr. Roger Eaton on April 1, 2011.
The Quality Assurance Work Group met on May 5, 2011, in Washington, DC.
Taking advantage of coming together for a meeting of the Secretary's Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children (SACHDNC), members met to discuss activities of the past year and direction for the future.
Discussion centered on a presentation of preliminary data results by Dr. Eaton and Dr. Sahai at the SACHDNC Subcommittee on Laboratory Standards and Procedures earlier that day.
Looking toward the future, HRSA has indicated that work on quality assurance will continue, though not in the same structure as in the current five-year collaborative agreement with the Regional Collaboratives. With that in mind, it was an optimal time for the group to plan and envision new directions.
- Dr. Roger Eaton, New England Newborn Screening Program
- Dr. Anne Comeau, New England Newborn Screening Program
- Dr. Inderneel Sahai, New England Newborn Screening Program
- Dr. Mei Baker, Newborn Screening Program, Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene
- Dr. Deborah Rodriguez, Newborn Screening Program, New York State Department of Health
The Quality Assurance Work Group met on May 25, 2009, in Jamaica Plain, MA.
At the face-to-face meeting, representatives from each participating lab had the opportunity to receive detailed presentations on the basis of the project, and participate in active discussions. As stated in the original proposal, each participating lab was free to propose additional indices to add into the study. All were in agreement to proceed utilizing the MS/MS indices developed by the NENSP.
New England Newborn Screening Program (Massachusetts: UMASS Medical School):
- Roger Eaton, PhD (project leader, Assoc. Professor, Dept. Pediatrics)
- Inderneel Sahai MD (Asst. Professor, Dept. Pediatrics)
- Thomas Zytkovicz PhD (Assoc. Professor, Dept. Pediatrics)
- Jamie Hale
- Philip Sommers, MS, PhD, ABCC; Biological Sciences Section Chief;
Connecticut State Department of Public Health
- Adrienne Manning, Research Specialist, Connecticut Department of Public Health Laboratory
New York Labs (Wadsworth Center):
Deborah Rodriguez, RN, MPH, CPH, Newborn Screening Program, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health
Mark Morrisey, Newborn Screening Program, Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health
Mei W. Baker, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics ,School of Medicine and Public Health, Science Advisor, Newborn Screening Program,Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene, University of Wisconsin-Madison